by George R. Knight
Known for their provocative approach, George Knight’s books have a wide readership around the world. Adventist Authority Wars, Ordination, and the Roman Catholic Temptation, following his usual style, raises denominational issues that many would like to keep buried. He not only raises the issues, he also points to possible solutions.
Here are a few issues addressed in the book:
- Why did the earliest Adventists fear organized denominations?
- Why did the General Conference not want union conferences?
- Where did the Roman Catholic Church begin to go wrong?
- In what ways is Adventism in danger of following the same path?
- What is the fuss if pastoral ordination is not even a biblical topic?
- How have some sincere Adventists inadvertently demonstrated that Ellen White is a false prophet?
- What interpretive breakthrough allowed James and Ellen White to move beyond explicit Bible teaching on organizational issues?