by William G. Johnsson
Scholar, teacher, author, editor—William G. Johnsson has been an extraordinary voice for Seventh-day Adventists for more than 50 years. In Where Are We Headed? Dr. Johnsson continues to exhibit the thoughtful and Christ-like demeanor that has been the hallmark of his life in service to the church, documented through hundreds of editorials and articles and more than 20 books. In ten thoughtful and provocative chapters he turns his perceptive gaze to the opportunities and challenges that face the church at this time. This is a book about the issues facing Adventism that is personal, candid, and ultimately hopeful.
Sections in Where Are We Headed include:
- Tipping Point
- Women’s Ordination
- The Chosen: Exclusive or Inclusive?
- Waiting for Jesus: The When or the Who?
- The Message: Will We Keep the Main Thing the Main Thing?
- Organization: Thinking the Unthinkable
- Adventists and Creation: Jubilation or Confrontation?
- Mission: Beyond Counting Heads
- Interpreting Scripture: Will Ellen Have the Last Word?
- The Promise of Adventism
- Unity—Top Down or Bottom Up?